Welcome to Don Pedro de Alvarado Spanish School !
« 45 years of excellence »
Weekly Prices: 5 days ( Monday to Friday )
|4 hours daily: $ 195.00 per week||( GTQ 1560 )|
|5 hours daily: $ 210.00 per week||( GTQ 1680 )|
|6 hours daily: $ 225.00 per week||( GTQ 1800 )|
|7 hours daily: $ 250.00 per week||( GTQ 2000 )|
|8 hours daily: $ 260.00 per week||( GTQ 2080 )|
You may choose to study at any time between 12 noon and 6pm. Occasionally it may be possible to take your lessons during the morning, depending on space and availability.
|2 hours daily: $ 95.00 per week||( GTQ 760 )|
|3 hours daily: $ 135.00 per week||( GTQ 1080 )|
You may choose to study at any time, morning or afternoon.
2 hours daily + 2 hours of activities with your own personal teacher, including practical activities: 5 days ( Monday to Friday ) $ 200.00 per week (GTQ 1600). 3 hours daily + 2 hours of activities with your own personal teacher, including practical activities: 5 days ( Monday to Friday ) $ 210.00 per week (GTQ 1680). We offer this new program for people who have trouble focusing on too many hours of academic study and prefer to practice their Spanish in 'real world' situations. This method of learning is ideal for older adults. You can study for two or three hours at the school and follow with two further hours each day visiting, with your teacher, points of interest in Antigua, practicing your new Spanish skills along the way
Our school suggests 6 hours per day of coursework to achieve maximum improvement of fluency and accuracy in the Spanish language.Free activities are offered every afternoon or evening. Most of them are free; others cost just a few dollars for transportation and/or entrance fees. Students who choose to study for 6 hours per day will also be able to participate in afternoon activities.
You may study 5, 6 or 7 days a week, Saturday and Sunday included. You can move in with your host family and start your course on any day of the week.
Living with a Family
While all of our host families offer the warm hospitality and integration that makes Antigua such a desirable and memorable destination, it is possible for us to offer three distinct standards of accommodation to those wishing to participate in our Homestay Program.
Homestay Program A:
• Modest standard of accommodation. May be considered quite rustic by Western standards.
• Location outside of Central Antigua.
• No private bathroom available.
• Private bedroom.
• Three meals per day except on Sunday. Simple meals with little variation.
• Good value for travelers on a budget such as backpackers, long term volunteers.
• Cost: $75 per week per person.
Homestay Program B:
• Standard of accommodation is comfortable and will be familiar to most Westerners.
• Located in Central Antigua close to Don Pedro Spanish School.
• Private bedroom.
• Three meals per day except on Sunday. Meals varied, healthy and well balanced.
• Cost with shared bathroom: $135 per week per person. ( GTQ 1080 )
• Cost with private bathroom: $165 per week per person. ( GTQ 1320 )
Two People Sharing One Room
• Cost for two people sharing with shared bathroom: $245 per week per room.( GTQ 1960 )
• Cost for two people sharing with private bathroom: $275 per week per room.( GTQ 2200 )
• Wireless Internet Access: $5 extra per week. ( GTQ 40 )
• Cable TV available in your room. $5 extra per week. ( GTQ 40 )
* Watching television in Spanish is highly recommended as it is an enjoyable way of reinforcing listening skills. Experience shows that students who watch television in Spanish progressmuch more rapidly
Guest House Program:
Our guest house is a traditional Colonial house, located within an easy, 5 minutes walk from the school.
• Your accommodation consists of a spacious and tastefully decorated bedroom with two hotel quality beds, a desk where you can work, wifi, and a television with cable TV.
• You have at your disposal a kitchen where you can cook.
• Breakfast will be served free of charge.
• The guest house has the advantage of being very comfortable and gives you more freedom in your daily schedule than a Family homestay because of it's self-catering nature.
Our guest houses have character and will make you feel welcome.
Cost: $ 250 per week per person. ( GTQ 2000 )
Two People Sharing One Room
Cost for two people sharing: $350 per week per room. ( GTQ 2800 )
Shuttle Transfer Service:
• Upon arrival, from La Aurora Airport in Guatemala to hotel or host family in Antigua.
• Includes all people who are traveling together as a single party.
• Cost: $40 ( GTQ 300 )
The best way to learn about us is to make
contact with our former students.
and you can read comments made by our students and also contact them direct. There are more than 300 former students who are Fans of our Facebook page. This is one of the best ways to learn about our school. You may participate in Discussions about the school and its programs and activities, and you can view recent photos taken in the school and watch our video.